Innovation at its Best
For over 20 years, Purina Veterinary Diets® have been formulated as nutritional aids in dietary management of dogs and cats with certain health problems. Each diet provides a proper balance of total nutrients while meeting special dietary needs.
An Impressive Research & Development Pipeline
Purina Veterinary Diets® is the therapeutic pet food brand for Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, a global leader in pet food. We're passionately committed to making pets' lives better. As the pace of change in pet care accelerates, our challenge is to lead with fresh, innovative approaches to making the lives of dogs and cats better. We are proud of our heritage, and we are constantly exploring new trends and ideas that define the future of pet care and of Nestlé Purina.
Nestlé has over 5,000 people directly involved in research and development, with 27 research, development, and technology centers worldwide. What does this mean to you and your pet? That Nestlé Purina is at the forefront in developing innovative and effective nutritional solutions for dogs and cats with health conditions.
Purina Veterinary Diets® is proud of its history of innovation. Among our highlights:
- The first canine gastroenteric diet formulated with medium-chain triglycerides, found in EN GastroEnteric® brand Canine Formula
- The first truly hypoallergenic diet for dogs with food allergies, HA Hypoallergenic® brand Canine Formula
- The first diet of its kind specifically formulated with high protein and low carbohydrate for diabetic cats, DM Diabetes Management® brand Feline Formula
- An innovative diet containing the highest level of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids of any veterinary diet indicated for the dietary management of adult arthritic dogs, JM Joint Mobility® brand Canine Formula
- Development of FortiFlora®, an innovative nutritional supplement that contains a probiotic, Enterococcus faecium SF68, for the dietary management of dogs and cats with diarrhea. This probiotic has been shown to be safe, stable, and effective in restoring normal intestinal health and balance.